Axio Learning 5.2 Release Notes
September 20, 2010 by Amanda Tross
Axio Learning will be unavailable Monday, July 19, 2010, from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. CDT during a planned upgrade to version 5.2. Service will be restored as soon as possible.
Voice Recording tool
- When re-recording an audio message you will receive a prompt asking if you want to override the current recording or not.
- The recorder has been reskinned - it is grayed out with a small green play button and red recording button.
- Support for OS-compatible cameras and video devices.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) offers enhanced security.
- Optional video bandwidth rate of 512 kbps is available. To select this bandwidth, from inside a Wimba room, click ‘Options’, then select ‘Video Bandwidth’, and then select the ‘512 kbps’ option.
- Default video window size is 640x480.
- Global default for maximum video bandwidth settings.
- When a participant clicks the ‘Hand Raised’ icon, a chime sound will ring.
- Instructors are now reminded to archive their presentation.
- The lobby is disabled and students are automatically redirected.
- One-to-one video is an option.
The following is a list of customer-reported issues that are addressed in Axio Learning 5.2. Some issues are project specific. Other issues that were discovered and logged by the Axio Learning quality assurance team are not listed below.
- Rarely, if an announcement was posted while a student was signed in to a course, the student would have to sign out of Axio and then sign back in to see the newly posted announcement. Fixed
- Exception instructions were confusing for some students and they did not understand the parameters of the granted exception. Instructions are now presented in list format and are easier to understand.
- An incorrect warning message displayed when changing a matching question after the assignment had been completed by students. Warning message now correctly states that modifying a matching question will not regrade the assignment for students who have already completed it.
- Improved the error message in import question wizard when defining ‘other’ answer formats. Fixed
- If a student closed a FileShare assignment upload window before submitting their files, they would not receive a warning that the files were not submitted. Fixed
- Password protected assignment key was broken. Fixed
- The submitted date on the Exceptions list displayed an error if the student failed to complete the assignment on time. Fixed
- Assignment reports were intermittently not showing all the accesses for students who had been granted an assignment exception. Fixed
- Clicking the field around an answer for a multiple choice question should not select the answer. You should only be able to select an answer by choosing the radio button. Fixed
- Group assignments with a ‘future’ available date is not showing under Current Assignments on the student Assignments and Grades page. Fixed
- Point values for questions were required to range from 0-100 points. Point values can now range from 0-10,000 points.
- The ‘Create a link in Course Content’ checkbox for FileShare assignments did not bring up the ‘Place Link in Content’ page as it does for other assignments. Fixed
- Group assignments were displaying as ‘New’ on the Dates & Status page even when a grade has been posted. Fixed
- Confirmation numbers were being reused for assignments that have been been granted an exception with unlimited submissions. Fixed
- Selecting all the checkboxes did not change the ‘Select All’ link to ‘Deselect All’. Occurs in Assignments, Attendance, and Questions. Fixed
- On the Scores page, ‘-0’ did not save as ‘0’. Fixed
- After importing scores for a FileShare assignment from the Scores page, the student FileShare submission was no longer accessible. Fixed
- Matching answers were being reordered upon reaccess by the same student. Fixed
- Rarely, the incorrect state of an assignment at its max number of accesses would be reported to a student. For example, a student may have seen ‘Submitted’ when they should have seen ‘Resume’. Fixed
- If the instructor changed the dates of an assignment to make it unavailable, students that were taking it at the same time the instructor made the change would not be prevented from continuing the assignment. Fixed
- Received an Axio system error when opening the Attendance tool that contained a large Roster of students. Fixed
- Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 files were downloading as zip files. This also occurs in Student Groups. Fixed
- Closed captioning in the video player did not work. Fixed
- Empty white space appeared at the top of Course Content when using the Google Chrome Internet browser. Fixed
- When playing streaming on-demand videos, the video sometimes stuttered during buffering. Fixed
- Rarely, when a student emailed an instructor using the “Email Instructor” tool, the ‘reply to’ address, which should be the student’s email address, was replaced with an Axio support email address. Fixed
- If a signature was defined and the signature box was unchecked when sending an email message, the signature would still be included in the outgoing email message. Fixed
- When allowing students to view the grading scale on the student Assignments & Grades page, some numbers had a rounding error with multiple decimal places. For example, 58% showed up on the student page as 57.99999999999999. Fixed
- Received an Axio system error when more than 2,000 characters were entered for a Gradebook message. Increased the allowed number of characters to 4,000 and fixed the system error.
- The Course Statistics Report in the Gradebook is using dropped scores in its calculations. Fixed
- When using Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8 in compatibility mode, the Cancel, Spell Check, and Post buttons are misplaced on the page. Fixed
- If more than one student with same last name existed in a semester with multiple sections, the students would show in more than just the section they are enrolled in. Fixed
- The printed Roster did not include Major or Year in School. Fixed
- Date range for the course availability that is shown in the Roster and Semesters & Sections was misleading. Fixed
- Maximum number or characters for a Message Board in a Student Group could not be cleared by clearing the box and clicking the Save button. Fixed
- Accessibility mode instructions and interface frame information were read simultaneously by screen readers. Fixed
- An error message would occasionally display when an advanced poll was pushed from the Presenter’s Console. Fixed
- Entering special characters, such as #, ?, or ( in the URL field of the Show a Web Page feature caused undesired behavior. Fixed
- When using Wimba Classroom with Mac OS X, in certain situations, presenters were unable to reclaim cursor control after granting it to participant during an AppShare session. Fixed
- Audio did not function properly when using Wimba Classroom on Windows machines which are centrally managed using non-standard profile locations and running Java version 1.6. Fixed
- The ‘Next’ button in the Wimba Classroom Administration Tools room list disappeared from display after a set number of pages. Fixed
- When accessing the Wimba Classroom Administrator Tools interface using Firefox or Safari, the ‘Next’ button in the room list did not function properly. Fixed
- Certain characters prevented display of the Wimba Classroom Administration Tools rooms and archives list by ID. Fixed
- When accessing the Wimba Content using Internet Explorer you are directed to a login page instead of your content. Fixed